Why choose a propane forklift over electric,
gasoline or diesel? The reasons for choosing propane forklifts
Friendly - Propane is a non-toxic, clean-burning
fuel that can be used to safely power forklifts both indoors and
outdoors. With propane, there is no spillage, loss or
evaporation into the atmosphere.
- Propane forklift tanks, fuel lines and carburetion components
meet or exceed strict specifications. Built-in safety
devices automatically shut off the flow of fuel in case of an
- Propane forklifts can be used in indoor and outdoor
applications. Propane is the most portable fuel.
Cylinders can be stored and moved virtually anywhere within a
- Propane forklifts maintain consistent, 100% power throughout
operation. They have the ability to push and pull heavy
loads at full capacity, up and down inclines, for a longer
amount of time, and with better ground speeds than electric
- Propane forklifts require very little refueling time compared
to natural gas powered and electric forklifts.
- From an investment standpoint, propane forklifts offer an
economical way to meet material handling needs. Propane
forklifts have lower life-cycle costs than electric, diesel and
Maintenance - Propane produces fewer engine
deposits than gasoline and diesel fuel, resulting in lower
maintenance costs. Propane engines can typically last up
to twice as long as gasoline engines.